Camping-Touring

This website places a cookie on your system. We do not collect any information from this cookie it is purely to allow your browser to track which threads you have read and which have been updated since your last visit etc... For more info please see the FAQ section.

Forum Home Forums C-T Sat Nav Files Arcade Rally Gallery Links & Downloads Campsite Search Members Gallery C-T Classifieds
Go Back   Camping-Touring > Life In General > Everyday Talk
Register FAQC-T Chat Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Open Buddy List

Latest News
Latest News
C-T regret that due to the high number of fake/spam user registrations, all new registrations will now have to be aproved by our staff. Any genuine registration will be approved in due course however we welcome genuine users to use the contact us option to ask/prompt us to look at your registration sooner. Thank you for your understanding.

Old 31-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Isabell Tenter
C-T V.I.P Member

Rating: 0% (0)
Unit: Touareg, Weathermasters MkII & MKIII, Sid, Arachne, Tepee, Quartz, Tellytubby, Trumpy and dome tents
Isabell Tenter is a jewel in the roughIsabell Tenter is a jewel in the roughIsabell Tenter is a jewel in the rough
Default Hayfield Lakes

Looks like it may have changed a bit since we were there last year.

To view links in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

What do you think? Too noisy? Or a great place to take the kids for some fun while you relax and have a drink and a meal?
Isabell Tenter is offline   top
Old 31-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
fiona
C-T Bronze Member

Unit: Cabanon Noumea and various other tents
fiona is on a distinguished road

If my kids where still young i'd take them, if the kids are happy doing something then you can sit and relax, id give it a go, if you don't like it, you wont go again but it could be good fun.
fiona is offline   top
Old 31-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Isabell Tenter
C-T V.I.P Member

Unit: Touareg, Weathermasters MkII & MKIII, Sid, Arachne, Tepee, Quartz, Tellytubby, Trumpy and dome tents
Isabell Tenter is a jewel in the roughIsabell Tenter is a jewel in the roughIsabell Tenter is a jewel in the rough

Might do. Though it looks like the inflatables are on the field we used to camp in. There were other fields though, so hopefully camping is still available.
Old 31-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
TaylorMade
C-T Diamond Member

Unit: Cabanon Guadeloupe. Andre Jamet Ridge.
My location
TaylorMade is on a distinguished road

Great place to take the kids? Almost certainly. Great place to take a miserable old s*d with a Guadeloupe? Oh No!
TaylorMade is offline   top
Old 31-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Isabell Tenter
C-T V.I.P Member

Was thinking about a kids party actually, lol.

Think it will be too busy in August though.
Old 31-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
Isabell Tenter
C-T V.I.P Member

Have just emailed the pub and got a reply straight back They don't have a campsite. The camping and caravanning club CS at the same address is owned by someone else. But there is no mention of camping on the fishery website either. To view links in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily. Also a different phone number. I wonder who does now own the campsite, can there be 3 establishments on one site?

Might have to check it out to see if you can pitch not too near the pub.

Oddly, there is no pub or food and drink symbol on the C & CC listing.

To view links in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

Last edited by Isabell Tenter : 31-05-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 31-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
becca
C-T Gold Member

Unit: Vango Utopia 400 Airbeam, Avondale Argos SE, EasyCamp Boston 400, Quechua 2 second XXL IIII
becca is on a distinguished road

When I enquired about camping and fishing before no one could give me the same price. Three people together all said different!

Good to visit but may be noisy for camping. As you would be very close the outside seating etc.
becca is offline   top
Old 31-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
Isabell Tenter
C-T V.I.P Member

Depends which field they use, there were several to choose from, I was never sure which belonged to who. I would go and try it once. Hopefully it will be furthest from the pub. It's a good base for visiting Doncaster Wildlife Park.
Old 31-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
Isabell Tenter
C-T V.I.P Member

............... and Don Valley.
Old 31-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
becca
C-T Gold Member

Unit: Vango Utopia 400 Airbeam, Avondale Argos SE, EasyCamp Boston 400, Quechua 2 second XXL IIII

Ooooh may have to test it with you!
becca is offline   top
Old 31-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
BananaCake
C-T Gold Member

Unit: Icarus, Vermont M, Relum Canaria 4
BananaCake is on a distinguished road

Oooh, Don Valley, I love it there.......first place I ever say a Cabanon in the flesh.

Camping's Not Camping Without Custard Creams (except when you're on a diet!!)
BananaCake is offline   top
Old 31-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
Isabell Tenter
C-T V.I.P Member

Same here Helen, we went with Geoff and Ann a few years ago when we were camping at Thrybergh Country park. There were loads of Cabanon frame tents erected outside. Last year, it was nearly all Outwells outside. They had a couple of Cabanons inside, upstairs, one of them being a Guadeloupe.
Old 31-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
becca
C-T Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabell Tenter View Post
They had a couple of Cabanons inside, upstairs, one of them being a Guadeloupe.
Can remember you texting someone to say you were in a Guad
becca is offline   top
Old 31-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #14
Isabell Tenter
C-T V.I.P Member

Oh yes I did didn't I? Have a photo of that somewhere.
Old 31-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #15
Isabell Tenter
C-T V.I.P Member

Here it is.....

oh and I have a great photo of Becca and Rich in a pop up tent too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Isabell Tenter For This Useful Post:
becca (31-05-2012)
Old 31-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #16
TaylorMade
C-T Diamond Member

Unit: Cabanon Guadeloupe. Andre Jamet Ridge.
My location
TaylorMade is on a distinguished road

I was relaxing at Piglets all on my own when I got the text. Don Valley sounds like it's worth a trip. Not liking the sound of Hayfield Lakes though. It looks from the pictures like they've taken over the whole site with "Stuff"
TaylorMade is offline   top
Old 01-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #17
BananaCake
C-T Gold Member

Unit: Icarus, Vermont M, Relum Canaria 4
BananaCake is on a distinguished road

The first time we went to Don Valley they had about 5 Cabanons in the field, 3 of them were tiny like the Elzas, but I distinctly remeber 2 large family ones too, but I think they might have been older types, not the Biscaya style.

Don Valley is where we got our little Coleman table from, now made so popular by Fiona

Camping's Not Camping Without Custard Creams (except when you're on a diet!!)
BananaCake is offline   top
Old 27-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #18
Isabell Tenter
C-T V.I.P Member

Camped at Hayfield Lakes at the weekend. It is now a 5 van site on a very small field next to the carpark. The lovely field I camped in last year is not for camping now. The dog training group use it on a Saturday. Quiet nights but noisy in the morning when the fisherman arrive. Once they have dispersed to their pegs, it is quiet again, as long as "Digger" is not playing in the car park.

The food in the pub is superb, the chef being Jamie Oliver trained.

Nice walk to Don Valley. Becca took some photos of me playing in some Cabanon frame tents, for sale cheap, display tents.